Thursday, December 24, 2009

Will a studded cotton jacket be damaged if washed? will the studs rust?

I have a jacket that I want to put studs on, but it isn't leather and I'm worried about washing it when the studs are on it.Will a studded cotton jacket be damaged if washed? will the studs rust?
I have plenty of studded clothes, t-shirts, denim shirts, other shirts, jeans, skirts and jackets and they wash up just fine. If the garment itself says washable, then I simply throw the studded item into the wash. The only problem I've encountered is when the prongs of the studs get caught on other items, so I make sure everything is turned right side out, and all buttons are buttoned, and then I tighten up the prongs before washing again.. My denim shirts I toss in the dryer and so far the studs have held up well. T-shirts I hang to dry, mostly so they don't stretch out weird.





I've never had any studs rust on me yet, so far. I don't buy the cheapest ones, but I don't spend a fortune on them either. I don't put anything with acrylic rhinestones or plastic rhinestones in the dryer, and anything with glass or crystal stones get hand washed and hung to dry, simply because I want them to stay perfect looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment