Thursday, December 24, 2009

Fixing a Rust spot in washing machine?

I know ther is something to buy to paint on teh rust spot so Rentacenter says but we are still on the contract even though we are paid off %26amp; I jsut now notcied the rust spot its pretty big too... its probably been there the whole time I just never looked.. But They said to paint on the stuff.


My question is will this paint on stuff fix this permanently or will it just be a temporary fix till we buy another one. Thanks..Fixing a Rust spot in washing machine?
Edited!





Our washing machine repair man told us to buy Appliance paint. I think I bought it at Lowes or maybe Walmart. Don't remember it has been a few years ago. But any home improvement store you have in your town should have it. It cost us about $6 or $8. Now I don't know where the rust spot is on your machine. But on ours was under the bleach cup. So I sanded it down really good and then covered everything with an old sheet inside the washer and made sure I put the sheet up under the hole where the bleach cup goes so I didn't spray all of that too. Then just sprayed it. I let it dry and then sprayed it again. I am not sure about it being a permanent fix but it is easy and as long as you watch for it coming back and take care of it, it should be fine. I wish I could tell you how long ours lasted but we had to sell it before we moved overseas. But I sprayed over the rust a year or so before we sold it so I know it at least lasted that long. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions about how to do it they should be able to tell you at Lowes, Home Depot or wherever you go. Good luck and I hope this helps you out!





EDIT!





Wait a second, how long have you had it? You might look into your contract and see what that says or talk the manager there. Because if it is still fairly new it shouldn't be rusting. But the paint should fix it if you don't want to mess with them . ;o) Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment