Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why do I get rust spots on my silverware after washing it in the dishwasher? I don't have it set to air dry.

I always set the dishwasher to dry with heat, use name brand cleaners and drying agents. My silverware is not expensive, but it's also not cheap. I don't know what to do other than hand wash and dry, and that's not happening.Why do I get rust spots on my silverware after washing it in the dishwasher? I don't have it set to air dry.
You may be packing the silverware too close together so the air is not drying them thoroughly and there are still water droplets between the pieces of flatware. There may be different types of metal touching each other causing electrolysis which will promote rusting even with stainless steel. Forks and spoons should not be cupping together to trap the water between them. The ';handles'; should be down unless they can protrude through the bottom of the silverware basketWhy do I get rust spots on my silverware after washing it in the dishwasher? I don't have it set to air dry.
when the washer is done open the door and let the steam out ! MOISTURE is causing it !
It may not be your flatware that is causing the spots. If something else that you wash has metal fittings (like a utensil or a can opener) it might get rust spots that drip on other things. I have found that some bakeware like cupcake pans or metal pans in general can rust and distribute rust onto other things.





if you suspect that something other than the flatware is causing the rust, just be sure to handwash the rusty stuff, or better yet, toss it.
USE A SOS PAD. IT WILL COME OFF VERY EASY
I have gotten rust spots on items placed in the dishwasher when the tips of the prongs are gone or are not 100% sealed.





Drying with heat isn't necessary, and by using the ';air'; setting, you'll be saving energy.
I always use an SOS pad.
  • make lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment