Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is it ok I shower wash my bike? Will it cause rust?

it will rust if you don't dry all the parts. especially the small parts. you will also have to put on new oil and grease after it is dry.Is it ok I shower wash my bike? Will it cause rust?
I am not sure. I havent showered with my bike in years.


Just remember to lube it after it dries. Chain, cables etc.


I am sure it will still respect you in the morningIs it ok I shower wash my bike? Will it cause rust?
It shouldn't if you're careful. The chain is usually prone to rust if you're not careful. If it is well lubed then you should be OK. Most of the ';metal'; is usually some sort of aluminum alloy (crankset, etc). Some cassettes use steel cogs. Just dry everything off afterwards. I usually just wipe the bike down with a cloth and some Windex.
on your chains yes but i'd just wet cloth the bike makes it cleaner then shower wash and wont rust your chain!
dispite how odd that sounds. washing your bike with a hose or on a shower is a bad idea. Water gets everywere, inside the frame and desipte 'sealed' bearings, inside the bearings on inexpensive bikes.





Just say no!

No comments:

Post a Comment