Sunday, December 20, 2009

I have rust water, is there anything I can do to my keep my white clothes in the wash from turning orange?

Is there any kind of detergent or something else, I can put in the washer that will repel the rust in the water from depositing on my white clothes?I have rust water, is there anything I can do to my keep my white clothes in the wash from turning orange?
Well water, been there, done that ! It was horrible. Tea was purple, coffee went green when cream was added, ice cubes had little puddles of rust in the bottom, cauliflower was rust-y.


Only ruined 1 load of whites by adding bleach = Q





A product called Calgon saved the day for the laundry. Add a bit to the wash cycle and be very sure not to miss the rinse cycle !! An in-line filter (hardware stores, Home Depot, etc.) gave some relief. Had to change the filters twice as often as they said. The real solution was a reverse osmosis filtration. Don't know how I got along without it !I have rust water, is there anything I can do to my keep my white clothes in the wash from turning orange?
Try get a water softener or a revise osmosis filter for your washer. If you can't get one try oxy clean, vinegar, and you may have to take your whites to laundry mat.
mmm,I'd personally try and repair the rust problem,,however, have you ever heard of calloidal silver. get it from a chemist.Once had a 3000 gallon water tank full of bugs which carried through to the taste of the water..I used a small jar of colloidal silver and it completely refreshed the water, both cleanliness and taste.
i wash my own clothes too but the only thing i could think of was to put bleach in the wash.
You need to somehow get rid of the rust water %26amp; until you do, your clothes will all be discolored badly. There are no products on the market that will keep your clothes white in the meantime. Call a plumber to discuss what he can do %26amp; for how much. If you have well water, do you not have a tank that uses salt pellets %26amp; gets rid of the rust?
try doing 1 wash with only a cup of vinegar. no soap and no clothes. for the clothes that are already rust stained, rub with a lemon, and keep out in the sun, the stains will fade.


good luck
I use ';Iron Out'; to clean rust stains from our clothing.





Although it's hard on clothing, just like bleach, it works. Also use it to clean rust stains from inside your washing machine, dishwashers, and toilets.





Get an iron removal system if possible for your place and reduce problems with appliances too.
bleach! although you will have to do a only white load of laundry for it to work
Omg! You need to get your pipes fixed! Rust water can be dangerous! I think you may have more worries than your clothes turning orange...
hand wash white clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment