Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is it OK to wash my car with rust-flaked water?

When I turn on the water outside, I see several flakes of rust up to the diameter of a nickel come out. Would washing my car with this water be harmful to the paint?Is it OK to wash my car with rust-flaked water?
No. It's bad for your car








http://www.toboc.com/2/608371/102838/Exporter.aspxIs it OK to wash my car with rust-flaked water?
Probably so. Those rust flakes would act just like an abrasive against your paint.You might want to try flushing out that spigot until no more rust from inside the pipe comes out.
It would be like sandblasting your car with water. If it does it inside your house too....I would get that checked out. I wouldn't be drinking or bathing in that kind of water.
yes it would scratch the paint but forget about the car you have a major pipe issue it sounds like galvinised pipe its going to rust out soon call a plummer or rent owner good luck
I wouldn't. Those pieces of rust would act like sand paper against the paint. You wouldn't wash your car with sand paper, would you?
Of course it could harm your paint. Have you let the water run for a few minutes to see if it clears up?

No comments:

Post a Comment