Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dishwasher rust! All the metal items I wash in the dishwasher come out with rust spots on. can anyone help?

In Denmark it is quite well-known, that putting some aluminum-foil in the tray for the cutlery, can help prevent rust stains. I have tried it myself and I believe, that it makes a big difference!





So try it and please let me know if it works for you too.Dishwasher rust! All the metal items I wash in the dishwasher come out with rust spots on. can anyone help?
Mine does that too with the knives. I thought they may have just been in there once too often.Dishwasher rust! All the metal items I wash in the dishwasher come out with rust spots on. can anyone help?
make sure that everything you put in is dishwasher safe, and if they are still wet when the dishwasher has finished dry them off before putting them away. Also rinse any really stubborn stains off before you put them in the dishwasher.
Make sure the things aint touching each other as mixing silver and stainless steel can cause oxidisation on the metals also if u are putting anything egg based in the dishwasher make sure u rinse it out before putting it in to the dishwasher as this can cause a reaction to the metal as well
Search out the prongs/slots that have rust on them. Scrub it off best you can with a brillo pad, let dry. Paint clear nail polish over the same spots. Let dry before using again.
My stainless knives and flatware do the same. Someone told me to stop using the detergent with lemon or orange. He said the acids with eat away at spots causing the rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment