Thursday, December 24, 2009

My washing machine tub or ';barrel';, is rusting around the small holes, ?

My washing machine ';Barrel'; or Tub, is rusting (the small holes), is there a type of paint or some product I could apply to stop or slow this down? It is a metal barrel (drum), tub.


Thanks in advance.My washing machine tub or ';barrel';, is rusting around the small holes, ?
I had the same problem. I spoke to the people at Home Depot and they suggested a product called Iron Out. I ran some through my empty washer and it cleared it out. (Make sure to run an extra cycle after wards.) To prevent the problem, leave the washing machine open to allow it to dry out and don't leave wet clothes in it for too long.





Now that I think about it, I haven't had the problem return since I began making my own laundry soap - wonder if that has anything to do with it.





My washing machine tub or ';barrel';, is rusting around the small holes, ?
Do you have hard water??





When I put salt in my water softener, I use the rust remover salt by Morton. It saves rust and yellowing everywhere in my house.





I wouldn't live without it.
tub barrel

No comments:

Post a Comment