Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dime-sized rust hole in bottom of washing machine, can I fix it with epoxy?

I am wondering if I should try and fix it with epoxy or if that will work. I never used it before. I am fixing it just long enough until after the holidays when I can afford to buy another. ThanksDime-sized rust hole in bottom of washing machine, can I fix it with epoxy?
Use that dime and cover it with epoxy. Place it over the hole and let it dry. Let some water in, if it leaks out, add some more epoxy around the edges of the dime. Once dry, it should be waterproofed and good to go. Seriously, it will hold and dimes won't rust, at least for a long while. In the meantime, the holidays will be over and you can buy a new one according to your schedule.





good luckDime-sized rust hole in bottom of washing machine, can I fix it with epoxy?
Go to the hardware store and see if you can find some J B Weld. You may have to go to an auto parts store. Get the 4 hour stuff, not the 5 minute set up stuff. Mix up a bit of this grey goop and cover the hole. It should last for a while. Probably longer that you need. Just don't mess with it until the 4 hours are up. This stuff takes forever, but truly holds well. If the hole is covered with rust, sand it off a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment