Thursday, December 24, 2009

I want to replace the washing machine outlet box...the one I have is rusted through?

I have a plastic one to replace it. Should I replace the valves while I am at this? Do I have to dig into the drywall to replace the box. The valves seem to be screw in...but they are screwed into a part that seems to be attached to the box. Of course that could be rust I'm looking at.I want to replace the washing machine outlet box...the one I have is rusted through?
They have new plastic ones that come w/new valves, I would get one of these instead of piecing one together,Oatey makes a nice one that I have installed many times. Yes you will have to cut a bigger hole in drywall on the bottom side, enough to get a torch in to solder, go big, you don't want to start your wall on fire.I want to replace the washing machine outlet box...the one I have is rusted through?
Hi, I believe the part you are referring to is an assembly, it a inset box with hot and cold valves with a drain. I've only seen plastic ones installed in new construction. I think you will have to repair the wall when you are finished. You may want to ask a plumber. Hope this helps.
  • make lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment