Thursday, December 24, 2009

Will Rustoleum protect the rusted inside of a washing machine?

My mother-in-law has a very rusted top/lid to her washing machine. The inside of the metal box frame is also rusted on the top inside. I was thinking of replacing the top, and sanding the mildly-rusted portions on the inside metal frame, then spraying with Rustoleum. Will that protect against re-rusting and rust dripping into clothing? Will Rustoleum protect the heavily corroded portion of the top/lid too, or should I still consider replacing? Do I even need to stand down the old rust before spraying? What do you think, folks?Will Rustoleum protect the rusted inside of a washing machine?
Wire cup type brush in a electric drill and sanding then wipe down with thinner. I think HAMMERITE would work better but RUSTOLEUM would be fine. Don't worry about how well things work,just do it. It's nice to see someone else taking care of Mummsy. I thought I was alone.Will Rustoleum protect the rusted inside of a washing machine?
Time for a new washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment