Thursday, December 24, 2009

What can I do to prevent the rust spots and stains that form on the knives that were washed in the dishwasher?

The spots do not form on any other silverware.What can I do to prevent the rust spots and stains that form on the knives that were washed in the dishwasher?
Sounds like you need to toss the knives and buy some better quality ones. The only time I've ever had any flatware rust is when I bought some cheapies for camping. Invest $50 in a good set of flatware and you'll never have to replace it. You will save money in the long run over having to replace the cheap stuff as it starts rusting. You definitely don't want to use the rusted knives anymore.What can I do to prevent the rust spots and stains that form on the knives that were washed in the dishwasher?
Have to disagree with SHOJO. I frequently have that problem with both cheap and expensive (I don't machine was the expensive flatware or knives anyomore). If it does happen, I use SOS pads to clean off the rust. My mother swears that if you dry the flatware by hand right after the cycle, that will prevent it. That for me defeats the purpose of using the dishwasher.
Don't put them in it.
  • make lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment