Sunday, December 20, 2009

My washer put little rust colored spots on my work clothes! I am scared to wash now. Is there anything I c?

the spots are tiny and concentrated on a few areas and only showed up on my work clothes...weird. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem with my washer? I've heard that I should put lemon juice on the spots and dry them in the sun, but I am more worried about future washesMy washer put little rust colored spots on my work clothes! I am scared to wash now. Is there anything I c?
Rust is your problem. Look inside the drum for spots that the zippers, metal buttons, or accessories from clothing have either scratched or gouged the surface. Sometimes they will only appear as black spots and don't really look rusty. Head over to the home improvement store and look for appliance touch up paint with rust inhibitors. Touch up those areas you found in the drum where the paint chipped off and let it dry thoroughly before running a load through. This will protect your garments in future loads. Check the drum everytime you wash something with metal buttons, zippers, or attachments that could damage or take paint off the washer drum surface and re-treat with the appliance paint to prevent this in the future.





You can use lemon juice on clothing that is light colored to remove rust, but not on dark colors, because it will bleach out the area. Rit, Wink, Mostenbockers all have rust removers that can be found in the laundry aisle at the discounters which are colorsafe.My washer put little rust colored spots on my work clothes! I am scared to wash now. Is there anything I c?
get a new washer, the gearbox is leaking. a service tech might fix it but washers are so cheap these days, its usually not worth fixing.
clean out washer by running it on hot with some dtergent and bleach
  • make lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment